Seriously? She’s posting another pasta recipe?
Quiet. I absolutely adore pasta. And cheese. And together they are perfection. I had never had Gorgonzola cheese before I tried this recipe (adapted from Martha Stewart), and I didn’t realize it was so…powerful. After my first bite I wasn’t sure I wanted another, but much like spicy food it became addicting and soon my dinner was gone.
- 9 ounces of long-noodle pasta (I used Bionaturae’s spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 12 ounces of evaporated low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 ounces of fresh baby spinach (I only used about 3 ounces)
Prepare pasta using directions on the package.
Add the milk gradually while still stirring.
Increase the heat and bring your mixture to a boil and keep stirring.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes–and stir.
Remove from heat and mix in the Gorgonzola cheese, salt, and pepper.
Dump the pasta back into the pot it was cooked in and cover it in the cheese mixture. Add the spinach and toss to coat the pasta.
Elimination Diet safe: Yes!