As much as I love the Fructose Free Salad Dressing that I make (and eat almost every day), sometimes I just need a departure. While the first dressing is sweet and tangy, a blue cheese dressing packs a punch in a completely different way.
This recipe from allrecipes.com I’ve chosen to make just two servings, because a homemade dressing like this only lasts about a week in the refrigerator. (And if your breath smelled like blue cheese every day you probably would lose some friends.)
- 1 ounce of blue cheese (I used Gorgonzola)
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk (regular milk works!)
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise (check the ingredients)
- 3/4 teaspoon of white rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of dextrose
- salt and black pepper to taste
Add in the other ingredients and mix well!
Elimination Diet safe: Yes! (As long as your mayonnaise has tolerable ingredients).