Now you need some stuffing to go with your turkey, right?
This stuffing recipe is based on one from Better Homes and Gardens, and both my husband and father seemed to like it, even though I took out a few ingredients.
- 6 to 8 slices of Whole Foods All Natural Gluten Free Sandwich Bread, frozen (or other tolerable bread)
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of thyme
- Pinch of basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of water or tolerable chicken broth
- Cutting board
- 2-quart oven safe casserole dish
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Start toasting your bread and stop when it’s just warm and hasn’t started to brown.
Cut the crusts off your bread and cut into crouton-size cubes.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and add in the celery. Stir occasionally for about 7-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add in the parsley and the rest of the seasonings (crumble up your bay leaf).
Transfer into the casserole dish and add in the water/chicken broth so that everything is moist, but not soggy. Mix to coat evenly.
Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with turkey.
Elimination Diet safe: Yes!