I feel like once again I’m eating way too much white rice flour, which I think is making me bloated. My goal–at least for a while– is to eat it only for breakfast (Rice Krispies and classic pancakes), but that leaves very few options for dinner. I love Caesar dressing, and this one from Once Upon a Chef I’ve adapted so you don’t need to use garlic.
***Update: I’m now pretty much dairy free (except for goat’s milk and some cheeses) so I make this without the cheese and it’s still really good!
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard (with tolerable ingredients)
- 1/2 teaspoon of white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dextrose
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (with tolerable ingredients)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the anchovy paste, asafoetida, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and dextrose. Then add the mayonnaise, cheeses, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
This should keep for about a week in your refrigerator.
Elimination Diet safe: No.