I love mug cakes. And they’re especially nice for people who either want or need to avoid large amounts of sugar, because if I make a whole cake I am definitely going to eat it all.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (almond butter works too!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of dextrose
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk (coconut milk works) or water
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
Sift the coconut flour and baking soda into a bowl. (Make sure you don’t skip the sifting or you’ll get flour chunks in your cake!)
Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the cocoa powder.
Split the batter between two bowls.
Add the cocoa powder to one bowl and mix.
Alternate scoops of the peanut butter batter and chocolate batter into a mug or bowl.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Elimination Diet safe: No.